The new asynchronous membership flow down option enhances the membership flow down functionality often used by trade associations or associations that offer organization level memberships. This new option provides associations the ability to regulate when a large affiliation structure will shift to an asynchronous format for membership flow down updates based on an active affiliation threshold configuration.
When the active affiliation threshold is met or exceeded when a membership join or renewal is processed, the new asynchronous membership flow down option is used instead of the standard synchronous membership flow down.
Staff receive an email notifying them when all of the affiliated accounts have been updated with the membership flow down based on the membership join or renewal order they've placed. We recommend enabling this feature if your association has large affiliation structures where there are potentially 500-1000 plus active affiliations under one parent company.
Asynchronous Flowdown Thresholdand
Asynchronous Flowdown Batch Sizefields have been added to the Nimble AMS configure page so administrators can enable and customize asynchronous membership flow down.
Child Affiliation Countfield has been added to the Account object so staff can see how many child affiliations an account has.
- The Flowdown Queue object has been added to manage the automated asynchronous membership flow down batch queue.
- The Affiliation Count section has been added to the Nimble AMS configure page so administrators can manage the asynchronous membership flow down batch queue.
- The AsyncMembershipFlowdown Apex job has been added to update the items in the automated asynchronous membership flow down batch queue.
How Do I Enable It?
- Learn more about how Information Flow Down works in Nimble AMS.
- Walk through the enablement steps for asynchronous membership flow down.
Things to Keep in Mind
- If you are using custom membership flow down rules in your Salesforce org, these will need to be updated before you begin using asynchronous membership flow down. Membership customizations may also need to be updated. If you are not sure, check to see if the Custom Membership Flow Down Manager Option has been set. Please contact your NimbleUser customer success manager for more information.