When setting up an event, staff can create one or more fees to be charged in the case of a cancellation. Once set up, cancellation fees are charged automatically in Community Hub and Self Service, and can be applied in Staff View as well. With cancellation fees, staff can focus on planning a great event and not on fee collection.Staff can add fees to an event which are charged when a registration is canceled in Community Hub and Staff View. Fees can be applied as a flat rate, or as a percentage of the total registration cost. Cancellation fees can also have a set date range where they are applicable.
Some examples of cancellation fees staff could create are:
- Charge a $200 fee for a registration cancellation
- Charge a 25% fee for a registration cancellation
- Charge a 25% fee for a registration cancellation within 60 days of the event and a 50% fee for cancelation within 30 days of the event.
Fees are created as the Cancellation Fee Product Record Type and are associated to an Event in Nimble AMS.
Enable Cancellation Fees
Cancelation Fees are enabled by activating the Cancellation Fee Product Record Type and granting access to profiles who will use them.
Activate the Cancelation Fee Product Record Type.
From Setup, click Create | Objects.
- Click Product.
- In the Record Types section, click Edit next to "Cancellation Fee".
- Select Active.
- Activate the Cancellation Fee Product Record Type on profiles.
- From Setup, click Create | Manage Users | Profiles.
- Click Nimble AMS Standard.
- In the Custom Record Type Settings section, click Edit below Products.
- From the available record types, select "Cancellation Fee" and click Add.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for the Administrator Profile and any custom Profiles.
Create a Cancellation Fee
Event fees are created as a Cancellation Fee Product Record Type and are associated to an Event in Nimble AMS.
From an Event, in the Product Related List, click New Product.
Choose the "Cancellation Fee" Record Type and click Continue.
Enter the name of the fee which is seen when cancelling a registration.
Optionally adjust the display order.
Choose the type of fee to create.
- For a flat rate cancellation fee be sure to set the fee amount in the List Price field.
- For a percentage based cancellation fee, enter a List Price of "0" and set the rate at which users will be charged.
Optionally, set the date range in which the cancellation fee is applicable.
If "Self Service Enabled" is not selected, the fee is only shown in Staff View.
- Enter the GL account to be used for cancellation fee revenue.
- Optionally, select "Self Service Enabled" to show the fee when users cancel a registration in Community Hub.
- Enter the name of the Entity under which the Event is set up.
Edit a Cancellation Fee
From an Event, in the Product Related List, click Edit next to the cancellation fee you want to edit.
- Make the desired changes.
Delete a Cancellation Fee
From an Event, in the Product Related List, click Del next to the cancellation fee you want to delete.
- In the dialog box, click OK.