Community Hub Setup has been enhanced with even more point and click setup and configuration options. New access controls give your administrators point-and-click tools to add special conditions to either display or hide Community Hub components based on your specific business rules. Administrators can display or hide menu items, pages, cards, and buttons in Community Hub based on criteria they define. Continuous improvement to Community Hub Setup empowers your association to do more so your constituents have the best and most personalized experience in Community Hub.
- The Access Controls has been added to Community Hub Setup so administrators can grant or revoke user access to menu items, pages, cards, and buttons based on criteria you define.
Access Controlfield has been added to Menus, Pages, Cards, and Card Types, and Buttons so administrators can create and edit menu items, pages, cards, and buttons which use access controls.
Administrators can make components accessible to users by creating access controls which determine who can access what component based on criteria defined using:
- Administrators can use access controls to grant access when criteria is met, or when it is not met; it is all up to how it is set up.
How Do I Enable It?
- Prerequisite: this feature uses Custom Metadata types, which NimbleUser Support can enable in your org.
- Once Custom Metadata types are enabled, this feature will automatically be available for use.
Things to Keep in Mind
- As you use access controls, it's important to keep in mind that evaluating the criteria you define takes time, and can lead to a poor user experience and can have a negative impact page load time and performance if not done with a few considerations. Learn more about best practices when using access controls.