The Community Hub store has been infused with new functionality as well as with a variety of additional enhancements to improve the user experience. Users can now browse the Community Hub store using new filter buttons in addition to the existing store category (often referred to as "departments") radio button filters. By default, Nimble AMS includes new filter buttons for "Featured Products" as well as for "All Products". In addition, administrators can configure additional customizable data sources and filters to display in the Community Hub store that make sense for your association. You could easily craft additional filter buttons for things such as "New Products", "Popular Products", or "Sale Products". The Community Hub store merchandise product card has also been enhanced with a field set, empowering administrators to adjust the fields they would like to display for each product in the store.
- The Store List Card Type and Product Card Type have been updated so you can customize the product information shown on the Store Page and Product Page.
- The Filter Configuration Page has been added to Staff View so administrators can customize and create new filters they can use on cards in Community Hub.
- The following elements have been added to Community Hub and are used on the Store Page.
How Do I Enable it?
- You can customize the product fields shown in the Community Hub store by editing the fields in the field sets on the cards on the Store Page and Product Page.
- Take a look through your products and set some merchandise to be featured.
- Then enable the "Featured" filter in the Community Hub store.
- You can also configure the Community Hub store to show "Featured" merchandise products by default.
- If you want to add a custom filter in theCommunity Hub store, take a look at the note in the Filter section on making a query for the store, and then can create a data source to power your new filter and create a filter on the Store List card. You can also reorder the filters on a card to get things looking just the way you want.
- One other thing. If you've never tried out merchandise categories in the Community Hub store, you can use them by adding merchandise to a category.