Staff can create a stored payment method for an account so constituents can use a stored eCheck account or credit/debit card when checking out in Community Hub or in the Staff View order process. Creating a stored payment method creates an external payment profile record and a related profile in the payment gateway.
User permission Needed: NU Stored Payments permission set.
- From an account, in the Stored Payment Methods related list, click New Stored Payment Method.
- If your association has more than one entities with payment gateways, in the Entity section, select the entity and payment gateway for which you want the stored payment method created.
- If your association uses stored credit cards and eChecks, in the Type section, select the type of stored payment method you are creating.
- When creating a stored credit/debit card:
Name on Credit Card, enter the name on the card.
Credit Card Number, enter the number on the card.
CSC, enter the three digit code on the back of the card.
Expiration Month, select the month in which the card expires.
Expiration Year, select the year in which the card expires.
When creating a bank account for eChecks:
Keep in mind eCheck stored payment methods require customer authorization prior to processing a payment.
Also, only U.S. based personal checking, savings, and business checking accounts may be used for processing eCheck transactions.
Name on Bank Account, enter the name on the account.
Account Type, select the type of account.
Routing Number, enter the routing number for the account.
Account Number, enter the account number for the account.
Default Stored Payment Optionto make this stored payment method the constituent's default payment method when checking out in Community Hub or in the Staff View order process.
- The Billing Address section is populated with the
Billing Addressfrom the account. Update any appropriate information.
When a new stored payment method is created, a new payment profile is made in a payment gateway and a nominal charge to the account, less than $1, is made temporarily to ensure the payment option is valid and is voided soon after.
Also, payment gateways require the first word entered in
Name on Credit Card or
Name on Bank Account be stored in
First Name and the rest be stored in
Last Name on the stored payment method. As an example, if the name on the stored payment method is
April C. Black,
First Name will have the value
Last Name will have the value