Maintaining clean and accurate constituent data is critical for any association. Salesforce recently introduced new functionality for customers to better manage duplicates. This functionality includes point-and-click tools for defining the duplicate rules that match your association's needs. Your administrator can define duplicate rules and matching rules to define how duplicates are identified as well as the specific actions taken with any duplicates. With the Summer '18 release your association can now use Salesforce Duplicate Management in Staff View when your staff are creating individual or company accounts and Community Hub when constituents are creating individual or company accounts.
- You can improve your constituent's experience and reduce duplicate accounts by setting up your org to use Salesforce Duplicate Management in Community Hub and Staff View instead of classic duplicate management. Learn more.
- You can create your own Custom Duplicate and Matching Rules.
- You can add the Potential Duplicates component to all accounts and Person Account record pages so staff can identify and merge duplicate individual and company accounts.
How Do I Enable It?
- Set Up Duplicate Checking For Individuals in Community Hub using Salesforce Duplicate Management.
- Set Up Duplicate Checking For Companies in Community Hub using Salesforce Duplicate Management.
- Create your own Custom Duplicate and Matching Rules.
Things to Keep in Mind
- In classic Community Hub duplicate checking, individual and company accounts that partially or exactly matched existing accounts were identified as potential duplicates. Salesforce Duplicate Management uses very similar matching methods, with some slight differences depending on the fields being checked against. Learn more about the Matching Methods Used with Matching Rules (external).