With the BluePay (a Community Brands Premier Partner) payment gateway supporting Level 2 and Level 3 credit card processing, we thought it would be a perfect time to introduce that added functionality as an option within Nimble AMS. With the Summer '18 release we now support Level 2 and Level 3 payment processing on MasterCard®, and Visa® for the BluePay payment gateway. By opting into this feature, additional transaction data is sent to the payment gateway for credit card processing. Utilizing this extra data in the credit card processing, your association will benefit by lower processing fees for MasterCard® and Visa® transactions.
- Added the Additional Processing Health section to the Payment step in the Staff View order process to display to staff whether a stored credit card or one time credit card payment has all the necessary and optional information to process a Level 2 or Level 3 payment, and if not, each piece of missing information. Learn more about the Payment Step and the Additional Processing Health Validation Messages that may display in the Staff View order process.
Additional Processing Levelhas been added to the Payment Gateway object so you can set up a payment gateway to use Level 2 or Level 2 and Level 3 credit card processing.
Unit Of Measurementhave been added to the Product object which are passed to the payment gateway along with existing demographic fields for Level 2 and Level 3 credit card processing.
How Do I Enable It?
- Prerequisite: You must be using BluePay. Learn more
- Enable Level 2 and Level 3 Credit Card Processing in your org.
- Learn more about Payment Processing.
Things to Keep in Mind
Countryon the "How do you want to ship?" dialog box in the Tax and Shipping step of the Staff View order process and on the Shipping Address card on the My Checkout page in Community Hub is one of the pieces of data passed to the payment gateway. When entering a country manually, staff and constituents must be sure to use the correct English short name for the country (external). This populates
Shipping Countryon the cart item, and must be correct to receive lower processing fees.
- If a cart is created with multiple cart items shipping to different countries, the country code for
Shipping Countryon the first cart item given a related ship method is passed to the payment gateway as the country code for all items in the order. Learn more about ISO 3166 country codes (external).
This is not the case for Community Hub, since all shippable merchandise products are grouped in a single cart item.