Nimble Query puts the power of SOQL in the hands of your administrator. Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) is a way to search Salesforce data that is more powerful and useful than a simple report. SOQL queries can be used to create Visualforce pages, within Apex statements, and to pull data into Nimble Create templates but they have traditionally been hard to write. Nimble Query gives administrators the ability to create SOQL queries with a simple point-and-click query builder interface. By simplifying the process of creating SOQL queries, your administrator can do more without developer help.
- Nimble Query is an all new package that empowers administrators to easily create complex SOQL queries for use throughout Salesforce and with AppExchange apps like Nimble AMS. Learn more.
- A Lightning app for searching, navigating, and viewing queries.
- A point-and-click Query Builder where you can:
- Create or edit queries
- Select fields from standard and custom objects and their related objects
- Filter results with conditions, such as All accounts where
- Sort query results alphabetically, such as by
Last Name, ascending
- Limit query results to only return the needed number of results, like when you only want
- Preview the results to make sure the query returns the data you want
- A new Query object to store the queries you create so you can reference them using Apex code.
How Do I Enable It?
- Contact your NimbleUser customer success manager for more information.
Things to Keep In Mind
- Front Line Support for Nimble Query is available to Nimble AMS customers. For questions and help, please reach out to Support either by email or phone.
- Query Builder is a modern Lightning app, and only works in Lightning Experience. Learn about Enabling Lightning Experience (external)
- Subqueries are not currently supported in Query Builder.
- You can only sort by the fields included in the query.
- You cannot click and drag to reorder filters or sorting. To reorder filters or sorting, remove them and re-add them in the desired order.