Nimble AMS now empowers staff to process orders and carts in Staff View to generate revenue for your association even when a constituent can't pay at the very same moment but is willing to schedule a payment for a future date.
In Community Hub, constituents can engage with your association by placing orders and scheduling the payment for a future date. Your association has the flexibility to tailor the Community Hub experience with the scheduled payments for your constituents.
This flexible payment option allows constituents to engage deeply with your association and reduces some of the financial constraints that might be hindering the engagement. It also gives your association an opportunity to get a payment commitment from constituents when you have their attention. Staff and constituents also have the ability to monitor and manage a schedule payment throughout it's lifecycle. We know an effective implementation of scheduled payments at your association is bound to increase your revenue.
New Ways to Pay
Constituent s and staff can schedule a payment for an order to be made in the future. Scheduled payments are useful in situations where products being purchased do not require immediate payment or the constituent will have the funding in place for the payment on a future date. Learn more about Scheduled Payments.
Staff View Enhancements
- The Payment step of the Staff View order process has been improved with a new option to schedule one-time payments. Learn more about scheduling payments on the Payment Step.
- When staff try to delete a stored payment method related to a scheduled payment that hasn’t been processed, they are now prompted to update the scheduled payment with a different stored payment method and try again. Learn more about how to Delete a Stored Payment Method.
Community Hub Enhancements
- Community Hub has been updated so constituents can use scheduled payments on the Personal Snapshot Page, My Checkout Page, Express Payment Page, Express Payment Cart Page, My Orders Page, and My Invoice Page.
The My Scheduled Payments page has been added to Community Hub so constituents can view and manage their scheduled payments. Learn more about the My Scheduled Payments Page.
Permissions and Customization
The Nimble AMS Schedule View All and Nimble AMS Schedule Create & Modify All permission sets have been added so you can control which staff can view and update scheduled payments.
- New business rules have been added so you can control what types of payments staff and constituents can schedule using evaluations. Learn more about Business Rules.
- Processes and email templates have been added which send email notifications to constituents at different points in the scheduled payment process. Learn more.
- The Scheduled Payments flow has been added so administrators can display recent or upcoming scheduled payments with a particular status to staff on a constituent's account pages. Learn more.
Architecture and Automations
- The Process Scheduled Payments scheduled job has been added which runs daily to process payments. To simplify reconciliation, you can also limit the number of carts to process before a new automaticbatch is created by the job. Learn more about Payment Processing.
- The Schedule object has been added with a Payment record type to represent a single scheduled payment or a schedule of payments to make over a period of time. These payments could have already occurred or may occur in the future.
- The Schedule Line object has been added, and the
Schedule Linefield has been added to the Payment object, to relate a Schedule to each scheduled payment made or to make in the future, or even those that have failed. Depending on the type of payment, a Schedule can have multiple related Schedule Lines.
- The Frequency object has been added to represent the length of time and unit of time—like day, week, month. This object can be used for all sorts of tasks involving performing an action at a defined time. For instance, it is used here to control when a schedule should run.
New reports have been added in the new Payments (Nimble AMS) folder:
|All Failed Schedule Lines by Schedule||
All schedule lines with a failed status grouped by schedule.
|All Schedule Lines||
All schedule lines created to date.
|All Schedule Lines by Status & Schedule||All schedule lines created to date grouped by status and then by schedule.|
|All Schedule Lines by Type & Schedule||
All schedule lines created to date grouped by type and then by schedule.
|All Schedules||All schedules created to date.|
|All Schedules by Stage||
All schedules created to date grouped by stage.
|All Schedules by Type||All schedules created to date grouped by type.|
Schedule Lines MTD
Schedule lines that are processing or have processed this month.
|Schedule Lines WTD||
Schedule lines that are processing or have processed this week.
How Do I Enable It?
- This feature requires My Domain (external).
- This feature uses Custom Metadata types, which Nimble AMS Support can enable in your org.
- This feature requires you walk through the steps to Enable New Checkout and Invoice Experience in Community Hub.
- Contact Nimble AMS Support to find out how you can enroll in this pilot feature.
Things to Keep in Mind
- When constituents schedule a payment for an order with an outstanding balance on the My Orders Page in Community Hub, they can no longer edit that order. This means constituents cannot adjust the amount of a donation in the order. To adjust the donation amount, constituents must first cancel the scheduled payment on the My Scheduled Payments Page.
- If you've previously enabled bill me in your org, and
Trustedis selected on some constituents' accounts—by default—those same constituents will also be able to pay in Community Hub using scheduled payments. Learn more about Bill Me and how to configure trusted accounts.