This page will show you how to Enable Point of Sale for your organization.
- Hosted Payment Forms must be enabled to use the Point of Sale feature
- IDtech Augusta Credit Card Scanner is required to use Point of Sale feature. It purchased from various POS vendors like POSGlobal, POSGuys, BarcodeGiant, etc or from IDtech's official distribution partners.
- Nimble AMS should be running on a PC that has a USB port and is running on Windows 7 or higher
- Nimble AMS should be running on latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
Enablement steps and configuration steps for Point of Sale Feature are listed below:
1. Enabling Point of Sale for the organization
To give staff users the ability to use the point of sale feature, you first need to enable it. To enable point of sale feature, follow these steps as Staff Admin:
- Add Enable Point of Sale checkbox to the page layout for User object.
- From Setup, enter
Custom Metadata Typesin the Quick Find box, then select Custom Metadata Types.
Click Manage Records next to the Tag of Nimble AMS.
Click Edit next to the Point of Sale.
- Select Is Active.
- Click Save.
2. Configure which Staff Users can use Point of Sale feature
After enablement, by default, no staff users are given access to use Point Of Sale feature. Since staff users can only use the feature, your organization will need to decide which set of users should be given access. And also make sure they are provided with IDTech Augusta device. Your organization can also grant access to staff users for a limited amount of days (time), so that their day to day payment process remains streamlined and only have Point of Sale option enabled during Conferences and Events.
To enable this feature for specific users, follow the below steps:
- From Setup, enter
Usersin the Quick Find box, then select Users
- Click Edit for the User whom you want to enable Point of Sale feature
- Check the Point of Sale checkbox. If the field is not available on the page layout, please update the layout and add the field.
- Click Save
Time-based Access for Users
If time based access is required for specific users to use the point of sale feature, we recommend customizing the business rule - Allow logged in Point of Sale or creating a new business rule. This functionality can be really helpful if you want to provide Point Of Sale access to certain staff users only during a Conference or an Event.
As an example, the business rule will take into account the start date and end date of the event and populate the checkbox for enabling or disabling point of sale access for the user. Hence, when the current date will lie within the event dates, the user will be able to use the point of sale feature. The additional step of deselecting the enable point of sale checkbox will be eliminated for the staff user.
3. Connect the Reader to your Computer
Connect the Reader device to your computer and you are all set to use Point of Sale.
The Point of Sale feature at this point should be enabled and the reader button will be visible on the Payment Details modal (hosted payment form only) during the Order process.
Click on Reader and swipe the card. Information will populate on the Payment Details modal.
To submit payment, click the Submit Payment button.