With the BluePay (a Community Brands Premier Partner) payment gateway supporting Automatic Account Updating for Discover®, MasterCard®, and Visa® stored payment methods, we thought it would be a perfect time to introduce that added functionality as an option within Nimble AMS. With the Summer '18 release, you can now take advantage of the safe and easy updating of a constituent's stored credit card information when there are changes to the credit card account. When a credit card is stolen and replaced or when the card is reissued upon expiration, you can continue to receive payments and view updated payment information. We have enhanced the stored payment method functionality in Nimble AMS to update payment information on a stored payment method when processing a payment using that stored payment method. This ensures you will be able to view a constituent's most current payment information.
- Transaction creation in the payment gateway has been enhanced so that when payments are made using a stored payment method, Nimble AMS checks to see if the payment information—such as the last four digits of the credit card number—has been updated in BluePay. If so, the payment information on the external payment profile representing the stored payment method is updated in Nimble AMS.
- The Reconcile Unsettled Payments scheduled job has been enhanced so that, when it settles payments made using a stored payment method, Nimble AMS double checks to see if the payment information—such as the last four digits of the credit card number—has been updated in BluePay. If so, the payment information on the external payment profile representing the stored payment method is updated in Nimble AMS. Learn more about Payment Processing.
- Ensure you've walked through the steps to Enable Stored Payment Methods.
- Ensure BluePay is being used as your payment gateway.
- Enable Card Account Updater in BluePay:
- Contact BluePay to enable Account Updater.
- Request they set the monthly rebilling schedule to
- Ensure the automated job is scheduled:
- From Setup, enter
Installed Packagesin the
Quick Findbox, then select Installed Packages.
- Click Configure next to Nimble AMS.
- In the Scheduled Jobs section, ensure
Enableis selected next to Reconcile Unsettled Payments.
- Click Save.
- From Setup, enter
Things to Keep in Mind
- As long as a credit card account has not been closed, a payment made using a stored payment method with incorrect account information will process normally. This is because the BluePay payment gateway provides Nimble AMS a token, which is a unique and unchanging identification number to identify the stored payment method in the gateway. The payment information stored in Nimble AMS—such as the last four digits of the credit card number—is only for constituent and staff visibility, and is not needed to process a payment in the payment gateway. Nimble AMS stores and passes along the token for secure and reliable payment processing.
- The payment information for a stored payment method is updated only after a payment is made using that stored payment method. This means the stored payment method in Nimble AMS may not have the most up-to-date information—such as the latest last four digits of the credit card number—but the payment will still process normally since it is made using the token provided by BluePay. Once the payment is settled, constituents will be able to view the updated payment information in Community Hub and staff will be able to view the updated payment information in Staff View.