Using MapQuest integration with Nimble AMS, an Administrator can select an address type to geocode. Geocode information identifies a location using a latitude, a longitude, and an accuracy rating. A process runs overnight to update any accounts that have not been geocoded.
Geocodes help your sales and marketing teams find nearby prospects and assign territories and campaigns. Geocode fields are available for standard addresses on accounts, contacts, and leads in Salesforce. Using this customization, many decisions related to the region can be made, like using mailing address in order to identify individuals to invite to regional meetings. Other examples of geocoding include:
- Users will be able to find facilitators within a close approximately to their address
- Users would be able to find branches within a close approximately to their address.
This integration requires Associations to purchase a MapQuest API key license that allows for enough addresses to be updated and stored on a monthly basis.
To integrate MapQuest with Nimble AMS and geocode addresses, follow the below steps:
From Setup, enter
Installed Packagesin the Quick Find box, then select Installed Packages.
Click Configure next to the Nimble AMS.
Under Nimble AMS Settings, enter the MapQuest API Key.
- From Geolocation Address, select the address type to be geocoded.
When the integration is initially configured, click on Execute to geocode all addresses of the selected address type. Otherwise, addresses will be updated overnight.
- In Scheduled Jobs, select
Update Account Geolocationsand click Apply. Scheduling this job populates the geolocation coordinates on scheduled time.
- From Setup, enter
Apex Jobsand check progress of the scheduled job. Verify no errors are being thrown.
- Edit page layout to add the Primary Location field on the object for which address needs to be geocoded. As an example, if address has to be geocoded on account record, add the field to Account object.
Primary Location field will be updated with geocoded address.