Nimble AMS has introduced the Product Variants feature for products, so that associations can effectively provide greater selling options for similar and related products.
Using this feature, you can display a single parent product in Community Hub, which will contain various child products. The child products are different options or variants of a single parent product, which differ from each other in size, color, etc. This will benefit constituents who require a different variation of the product being displayed. With more options to choose from, your customer experience is enhanced and potential revenues improved for the association. You will need to contact Support to enable this feature - it is not available by default.
On Nimble AMS in Staff View, those with Staff or Administrator privileges can select the
Parent Product record type for creating a parent product.
On navigating to the parent product, there will be the option to create child products and set attributes.
Attributes can be created to differentiate the child products - child products may be mapped to one or multiple attributes.
As an example, say the staff creates a parent product called Book. Now they can create two or more child products like Hardback or Audiobook where Format is the attribute as shown in the table below.
|Parent Product||Child Product||Attribute|
New and Improved: Store Page and Product Details Page with Lightning Web Components
Product Variants is designed to work seamlessly with Lightning Web Components (LWC) as part of the Lightning Store. As a result to make full use of this feature you will need to use the updated pages for Store and Product Details which are provided as standard templates for most solutions.
Parent Product in Staff View
Child Product in Staff View
On Community Hub, the Store page will display the parent product, which will hold multiple child products of different sizes, color, etc. To access these child products, the constituent can click on any of the options on the Product Detail page of the parent product. After seeing all options, the constituent can add the desired option to the cart, checkout and submit the order.
On Community Hub:
- On the new Store page, Nimble AMS has added the number of options and starting price range for parent products and a left panel for filtering products.
- Also, on the new Store Page, we have added a search bar so that the constituents can search for products. We have also provided a number of results and sort options on top right of the page so that after adding the lightning web components, you can sort the products by newest, and other parameters.
- On the new Product Details page, we have added options on the parent products so that after adding the lightning web components, you can navigate to the child product having desired attributes.
- On My Checkout page, products will display with the attributes that have been set for them in Staff View. As an example, large and blue will be mentioned if a large blue T shirt is ordered. The product will also have a hyperlink to go back to the Product Details page.
On Staff View:
- Nimble AMS has added a new
Record Typecalled the Parent Product to Product object.
- We have created a new layout for the Parent Product page where you can add multiple child products and optionally mark one as the default child product to display on the Store page in Community Hub.
- Two new objects called Attribute and Product Attribute Link have been added so that you can assign multiple attributes to child products to sell various variations of same product.
- Product variants are not available in the Staff View order processor - they are only available to view in Community Hub.
- We have added an Attribute tab to merchandise product layout.
- We have updated the product page layout with some additional fields, to allow users to use product variants. In parent page layout, Cannot be Sold Separately checkbox is added. Also, in child page layout, following check boxes are added:
- Is Variant
- Sold Standalone Is Variant
- Show In Store
- Create Child Products
- Create Parent Products
- Set attributes on Child Products
- Link Child Products to Parent Products
- Configure Store and Product Details Pages OR
- Create Store and Product Details Page THEN
- Configure Store and Product Details Page (for custom stores)
What's available out of the box
- *Store Page and Product Details LWC pages. These can be linked to with the minimum of configuration.
This feature is in Pilot
Please note this feature is in Pilot. To enable this feature submit a PoP request through the Customer Success Team.