Administrators can set up the Account, Event, and Product objects so staff can use engagements to track and manage your constituents' involvement with your association using engagements.
Contact Nimble AMS Support to deploy the Engagement - Update Primary Affiliation process and Engagement - Submit For Review flow to your org.
- Activate the Engagement - Update Primary Affiliation process (external).
- Activate the Engagement - Submit For Review flow (external).
Assign permission sets (external) to staff:
Permission Set Description
Nimble AMS Engagement View All
View All permissions for the Nimble AMS Engagement object, including the tab, all record types, and all fields.
Nimble AMS Engagement Create & Modify All
Create & Modify All permissions for the Nimble AMS Schedule and Schedule Line objects, including the tabs, all record types, and all fields.
- Add a related list to page layouts (external):
- On Account, add the Engagements related list to the Person Account Layout. If you are tracking engagements for company accounts, also add the Engagements related list to the Account Layout page layout.
- To view engagements for employees from a company account record, on Account, add the Child Engagements related list to the Account Layout page layout.
- On Event, add the Engagements related list to the Event (NU) Layout page layout.
- On Product, add the Engagements related list to the Registration page layout. Add the Engagement related list to the page layout for any other record types you want to use with engagements.
Add any of the following Contact fields to the Person Account Layout to track biographical information about your constituents:
Field Data Type Description
Rich Text Area A public summary about the account's career and achievements.
Picklist (Multi-Select) Academic and professional degrees earned by this account.
Picklist (Multi-Select) The association specific areas where the account has expertise.
Picklist (Multi-Select) The ways this account is interested in engaging with the association.
Text The educational institution where this account earned their undergraduate academic degree(s).
Text The educational institution where this account earned their graduate academic degree(s).
Text The educational institution where this account earned their doctoral degree(s).
These are custom fields on the Contact object, but Nimble AMS uses Person Accounts so you are able to interact with these Contact fields as if they were Account fields on the person account record. This keeps the data model clean because these fields pertain exclusively to individuals, not businesses.
If your association uses additional custom fields to track biographical information, they can be included with these fields in a dedicated section on the Person Account Layout. The section can be named
Biography, for example.
If you're using the
Interestsfields, we recommend adding or updating picklist values to match your association's needs.
- Optionally, enable Path (external) to view the
in a visual path along the top of the engagement record page.
Community Hub Enablement
Follow these optional steps to enable My Engagements in Community Hub. Learn more about My Engagements.
- To provide a menu link to constituents, in the Community Hub Account navigation menu, set the My Engagements menu item visibility so it displays for logged in users.
Community Hub Login Userprofile
Readaccess to the Engagement object. Learn how to Edit Object Permissions in Profiles (external).